About Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey
Since 1904, Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey has been reaching out in love and service to those in the state who are in need of compassionate care and support.
Begun as an orphanage, LSM/NJ has broadened its focus to serve the growing needs and changing face of New Jersey’s population based on our Mission Statement and the values and beliefs outlined in our Values Statement.
Today, Lutheran Social Ministries is one of the largest providers of affordable housing in New Jersey. From Immigration & Refugee Services to Disability & Children’s Residential Services, and Adoption Services to Senior Healthcare & Retirement Living, Lutheran Social Ministries offers programs and services in locations throughout the state for those in need.
- We are a non-profit housing development organization and one of the largest affordable housing providers in New Jersey, serving over 1300 families, seniors and special needs residents across the state.
- We develop and manage affordable, mixed-income market rate rental and family housing
- We provide various levels of continuing care to seniors, including; long-term skilled nursing, short-term rehabilitation, independent & assisted living, as well as a Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (known as PACE).
- We assist congregations in providing community outreach services & connecting with their neighborhoods.
- We provide emergency shelter for children in crisis and place children into loving homes through adoption.
- We provide services to assist the homeless and funding to feed the hungry in New Jersey
- Over 800 dedicated New Jersey professionals work together to further Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey’s mission.
- We served 5,395 people through a diversified ministry program.
- We provided immigration representation and legal services to 702 immigrants; provided English-as-a-Second-Language classes to 149 refugees; and provided job assistance to 88 refugees.
- We counseled 17 birth parents; conducted 25 searches to reunite adoptees with their birth families; and placed 2 infants and 9 children into loving homes through our adoption program.
- We assisted 105 seniors in managing their daily healthcare needs at Lutheran Senior LIFE Center in Jersey City – a Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly (known as PACE).
- We provided breakfast and lunch to approximately 175 people a day at New Visions Homeless Day Shelter in Camden. We also provided them with access to shower and laundry facilities, a food pantry, a clothing closet, mail services, and assistance with finding jobs.
- We awarded grant funding to 20 Lutheran food pantries to replenish their shelves and/or purchase equipment for food storage.
- Over 600 dedicated professionals worked together to further LSM/NJ’s mission.
- Over 2,500 residents called LSM/NJ home.
Our partnership with individuals, corporations, and congregations through volunteer activities, gifts-in-kind, and financial contributions, helps Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey to continue our work of reaching out “to those who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.” By partnering with our mission, you’re helping us provide enhanced programs to those we serve.
For more information about LSM/NJ, Contact Us or call 609.386.7171.