Adoptive Parent Information
Opening your heart and home to care for a child is not only a courageous decision, but a truly loving one.
Whether you have your heart set on adopting an infant or you want to expand your family by adopting an older child, our adoption counselors, who are licensed social workers, are here to help throughout your journey.
- Home Studies
- Pre and post-adoption counseling, education, and referrals
- Partnership with you in the search and matching process
- Assistance in facilitating birth parent/family contact
- Placement of your child in the home, post-placement supervision, and preparation of paperwork to finalize the adoption
- Support groups and annual family events
How to begin your adoption journey
- Learn about the different types of adoptions and services available to you. Adoption Options will provide you with an information packet which describes the adoption process, our services, and our two domestic adoption programs— infant and older child.
- Attend one of our free information meetings—held in our Burlington office on the first Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m.—to learn more about our services and programs and gain an understanding of the adoption process.
- Once the decision is made to begin the adoption process, an application packet is completed and the home study process begins.
For more information, Contact Us or call 1-800-458-0651.