Lutheran Social Ministries of NJ (LSMNJ) is excited to present a series of workshops and classes entitled LUTHERAN LEARNING.These educational programs are intended for your pastor, church leaders, and congregational members to enhance your ministry and broaden your understanding of current topics, such as preparedness. LSMNJ will bring these free, ready-made programs to your church. All you need to do is choose a topic, select a date, and share the details with your congregation and community or invite select church leaders to attend.
If you are interested in a topic that is not listed, please let us know.
Lutheran Learning for Leadership—workshops for pastors and church leaders
- How to be Welcoming and Safe – preparedness workshop – how to be a church that is welcoming to strangers while keeping the safety of the congregation in mind. Active shooter workshop examines ways to keep the congregation safe and how to address an individual who is disruptive or potentially dangerous.
- Human Resources – how to give productive performance reviews, policies and forms for employee reviews, how to deal with difficult employees and make them more productive.
- Fundraising 101 – how to run a successful annual fund campaign, capital campaigns strategies and planned giving essentials.
Lutheran Learning for Living—workshops for church members and community members
- Be Hip/Don’t Slip – presentation on avoiding falls and Stay on your Feet screening and balance evaluation.
- Driving Safety – evaluation and rehab skills for safe driving. This program evaluates if you have the skills needed for driving. If the answer is "no" we can provide rehab training and resources.
- How to Choose a Retirement Community – what you need to know in choosing the community that is right for you. Important questions to ask and how you can best prepare to make a move.
- How to be Prepared for Workplace or a Community Active Shooter – prepare for, react to, recover from active shooter incident – designed for the community.
- Disaster Preparedness Training – Shelter training, CPR, SafeServe Training
- Live as Young as You Feel
- Retirement Planning
- Estate Planning
- Who should be your executor, power of attorney, trustee, healthcare power of attorney?