Building Families Since 1948
Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey began with the establishment of an orphanage in Jersey City in 1904. We have been a licensed adoption agency since 1948. We offer a multi-faceted statewide adoption program, focused on building healthy families and supporting all those touched by adoption. We are dedicated to serving all people regardless of faith, income, race, and marital status. We provide compassionate, caring services for all those involved in the adoption process.
- Private Adoptions
- Relative Adoptions
- Home Studies
- Post-Placement Support
- Birth Parent Counseling
- Pre-adoptive Counseling and Education
- Assistance to your adoption lawyer with preparation of paperwork for adoption finalization
How to begin your adoption journey….
- Request our information packet by calling 1.800.458.0651.
- Attend our free information meeting and have your questions answered in person.
- Request an adoption application.
24 Hour Hotline for Birth Mothers
- Call or text 1-888-325-6621 to talk to a counselor