We help communities grow stronger.
At the heart of LSMNJ’s Community Engagement is the understanding that we are each called to love and serve our neighbors.
We believe that:
- All congregations have strengths and resources but can benefit from additional support and encouragement.
- Community engagement involves mutual respect, as well as a recognition and affirmation of the heritage, culture, and customs of both community and congregation.
- A ministry of community engagement focuses on empowerment and self-determination in response to community needs.
What is Community Engagement?
Through our community engagement programs at LSMNJ, we support congregational ministry by:
- Creating congregational links with LSMNJ programs;
- Helping congregations develop new outreach/engagement initiatives or partner with existing programs in their community;
- Mentoring congregations through resource development;
- Offering grant funding and other resources through Lutherans Feeding Friends to assist worship communities that are feeding their hungry neighbors; and
- Providing networking opportunities for the sharing of information and ideas.
For more information about LSMNJ’s Community Engagement, contact Beth Gebhart at 609-699-4133 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Food Pantry at LSM Camden
Donate your non-perishable food items to LSM Camden and help feed the hungry in our community!
We are in need of the following items for our food pantry:
- Mac & Cheese
- Canned Fruit & Vegetables
- Boxed Potato & Rice
- Sauce & Pasta
- Peanut Butter & Jelly
- Shelf Stable Juice & Juice Mix (non-refrigerated)
- Personal Care Products: toothpaste, bar soap, shampoo, laundry detergent, female hygiene products, diapers and wipes
- Paper Products: toilet paper, napkins, paper towels
- Gift Cards to Shoprite and Walmart
For more information or to set-up a tine to deliver items, contact Craig Roscoe,
856-281-4649 or email@example.com