We help communities grow stronger.
At the heart of LSMNJ’s Community Engagement is the understanding that we are each called to love and serve our neighbors.
We believe that:
- All congregations have strengths and resources but can benefit from additional support and encouragement.
- Community engagement involves mutual respect, as well as a recognition and affirmation of the heritage, culture, and customs of both community and congregation.
- A ministry of community engagement focuses on empowerment and self-determination in response to community needs.
What is Community Engagement?
Through our community engagement programs at LSMNJ, we support congregational ministry by:
- Creating congregational links with LSMNJ programs;
- Helping congregations develop new outreach/engagement initiatives or partner with existing programs in their community;
- Mentoring congregations through resource development;
- Offering grant funding and other resources through Lutherans Feeding Friends to assist worship communities that are feeding their hungry neighbors; and
- Providing networking opportunities for the sharing of information and ideas.
For more information about LSMNJ’s Community Engagement, contact Beth Gebhart at 609-699-4133 or email@example.com.