Our involvement and support helps New Jersey communities grow stronger
At the heart of Lutheran Social Ministry of NJ’s Community Engagement is the understanding that we are each called to love and serve our neighbors.
With regard to community involvement and partnering, we believe that:
- All congregations have strengths and resources but can benefit from additional support and encouragement.
- Community engagement involves mutual respect, as well as a recognition and affirmation of the heritage, culture, and customs of both community and congregation.
- A ministry of community engagement focuses on empowerment and self-determination in response to community needs.
What is Community Engagement?
Through our community engagement programs at Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, we support congregational ministry by:
- Creating congregational links with LSMNJ programs;
- Helping congregations develop new outreach/engagement initiatives or partner with existing programs in their community;
- Mentoring congregations through resource development;
- Offering grant funding and other resources through Lutherans Feeding Friends to assist worship communities that are feeding their hungry neighbors; and
- Providing networking opportunities for the sharing of information and partnering ideas.
For more information about LSMNJ’s Community Engagement, contact Beth Gebhart at 609-699-4133 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Food Pantry at LSM Camden
Donate your non-perishable food items to LSM Camden and help feed the hungry in our community!
We are in need of the following items for our food pantry:
- Mac & Cheese
- Canned Fruit & Vegetables
- Boxed Potato & Rice
- Sauce & Pasta
- Peanut Butter & Jelly
- Shelf Stable Juice & Juice Mix (non-refrigerated)
- Personal Care Products: toothpaste, bar soap, shampoo, laundry detergent, female hygiene products, diapers, and wipes
- Paper Products: toilet paper, napkins, paper towels
- Gift Cards to Shoprite and Walmart
For more information or to set up a time to deliver items, contact Juan Rodriquez,
856-281-4649 or email@example.com.