We offer low-cost legal services for those unable to afford a private attorney
Our Immigration Legal Services team is here to help those from other countries transition to life in New Jersey.
Immigration Legal Services
The Immigration Program of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is recognized by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) to provide low-cost immigration legal services to those unable to afford a private attorney. The Program is staffed with an immigration attorney and a DOJ Accredited Representative.
Our Immigration Program has been providing high-quality immigration legal assistance to low-income immigrants since the late 1980s, always holding to the highest professional standards. Each year, we assist an average of 1,000 persons with a wide variety of immigration legal needs. The types of cases we handle include, but are not limited to:
- Consultations on all immigration matters
- Family petitions
- Permanent residence, including adjustment of status and consular processing
- Employment authorization
- Temporary Protected Status
- Suspension of Deportation (NACARA)
- Violence Against Woman Act (VAWA) self-petitions
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
The Immigration Legal Services office is located at:
189 South Broad Street
Trenton, NJ 08601
To speak with an ILS staff member, call (609) 393-4900.