Lutheran Learning provides tools to address current topics.
Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey (LSMNJ) is excited to present a series of workshops and classes entitled Lutheran Learning. These educational programs are intended for your pastor, church leaders, and congregational members to enhance your ministry and broaden your understanding of current topics, such as preparedness. LSMNJ will bring these free, ready-made programs to your church. All you need to do is choose a topic, select a date, and share the details with your congregation and community or invite select church leaders to attend.
If you are interested in a topic that is not listed, please let us know.
Lutheran Learning for Leadership—workshops for pastors and church leaders
- How to be Welcoming and Safe — how to be a church that is welcoming to strangers while keeping the safety of the congregation in mind.
- Human Resources — how to give productive performance reviews, policies, and forms for employee reviews, how to deal with difficult employees and make everyone more productive.
- Hospice & Palliative Care 101 — this presentation explores the truths of hospice care, the Medicare Hospice benefit, and palliative care. Presented by Samaritan Hospice.
Lutheran Learning for Living—workshops for church members and community members
- Be Hip/Don’t Slip — presentation on avoiding falls and Stay on your Feet screening and balance evaluation.
- Driving Safety — evaluation and rehab skills for safe driving. This program evaluates if you have the skills needed for driving. If the answer is “no” we can provide options for rehab training and resources.
- Live as Young as You Feel — workshops address how to choose a retirement community, downsizing, and estate planning. Presented by qualified professionals.
- Timely Conversations — if a surgery, accident, or serious illness prevented you from speaking for yourself, what would your wishes be? How would you define quality of life? Presented by Samaritan Hospice.
Interested in hosting one of our Lutheran Learning workshops? Contact Beth Gebhart, Executive Director, Mission Advancement, at email@example.com or at (609) 699-4133.