COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates
Updated April 6, 2020
Important COVID-19 Information for Residents, Families, and Visitors
COVID-19 Update from Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey
All healthcare and companion staff at LSMNJ properties and/or serving LSMNJ participants are required to wear medical masks.
The COVID-19 outbreak has touched nearly every county in New Jersey. With numbers growing each day, it is important to frequently revisit and update our protocols to ensure the health, wellness, and safety of our residents.
We continue to closely monitor our residents and staff, and have taken a number of steps to mitigate the risk of infection.
Residents in our assisted living and skilled nursing areas are remaining in their rooms, and are receiving vital checks regularly, including temperature and pulse oximetry. Independent living residents, including those in our affordable housing properties, have been asked not to congregate or take part in activities with each other or the general public, and to follow social distancing guidelines.
Visitors continue to be restricted from entering our communities or centers.
Staff members and necessary medical personnel will only be admitted after appropriate screening (see below) and are following social distancing guidelines with residents and one another.
We encourage you to visit the NJ COVID-19 dashboard for official state updates.
With questions or concerns, please contact Crane’s Mill at email@example.com.
Staff screening upon entry of buildings include temperature and evaluation of these criteria:
- Signs or symptoms of a respiratory infection, such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat.
- In the last 14 days, has had contact with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19, or under investigation for COVID-19, or are ill with respiratory illness.
- Been on a Cruise ship, attended gatherings with large numbers of people or been in a confined space with large groups of people.
- International travel within the last 14 days to countries with sustained community transmission. For updated information on affected countries visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
- Resides in a community where community-based spread of COVID-19 is occurring.