We help people from all walks of life throughout New Jersey.
Responding to the ever changing needs of New Jersey residents, Lutheran Social Ministries of NJ (LSMNJ) provides a broad range of programs and services. At 20 locations across our state, LSMNJ annually makes a difference in the lives of more than 8,300 individuals. Please review the map of New Jersey on this page to learn where our diverse social ministries are targeting and addressing specific human care and housing needs.
Affordable Family Housing:
- Lutheran Social Ministries of Camden (Camden) – 89 townhomes
- Peapack Gladstone Family Housing (Peapack) – 20 townhomes
- Project Home (Jersey City) – 18 units
- West Hanover Street Apartments (Trenton) – 17 apartments
Affordable Senior Housing:
- Birchwood at Old Bridge Senior Apartments (Old Bridge) – 88 apartments
- Lutheran Senior Residence at Pennsauken (Pennsauken) – 70 apartments
- Mirota Senior Residence (Whitehouse Station) – 60 apartments
- Mt. Olive Manor I & II (Flanders) – 110 apartments
- Roosevelt Solar Village (Roosevelt) – 20 units *
- South Plainfield Senior Residence (South Plainfield) – 100 apartments
- Sterling Village (Piscataway) – 150 apartments *
Community Outreach Services:
- Community Engagement (Statewide) works in partnership with individual congregations to provide community outreach services.
- Immigration Legal Services (Statewide) provides immigration legal services, employment services, and an English-as-a-Second-Language (ESL) program for asylees and refugees.
- LSMNJ Disaster Recovery (Statewide) – As the affiliate of Lutheran Disaster Response, plans and coordinates long-term disaster recovery
- Lutherans Feeding Friends (Statewide) awards grants to Lutheran-affiliated food ministries to provide start-up costs, replenish food supplies, and cover operational expenses.
- H.E.R.O. (Burlington, Camden, Pennsauken) – H for housing assistance, healthcare, & hope. E for employment and/or education. R for recovery, resilience. O for opportunity.
- Lutheran Learning (Statewide) – An educational program which provides free presenters to Lutheran congregations on a variety of topics surrounding leadership and living to further enhance their ministry.
Community Residential Services:
- Lutheran Home for Children (Jersey City) offers emergency shelter, for up to eight youth in crisis.
- Luther Haven (Asbury Park) serves nine residents with mental health needs.
- Management Services (Statewide) create and maintain a safe and welcoming environment at each of our housing sites, accommodating various needs.
Senior Healthcare and Retirement Living:
- Crane’s Mill (West Caldwell) – 282 independent living apartments and cottages, 48 assisted living beds, 18 memory support beds, and 66 skilled nursing beds
- Lutheran Crossings at Moorestown (Moorestown) – 56 assisted living suites, and 201 skilled nursing beds (32 rehabilitation beds, 60 certified Alzheimer’s beds, 109 long-term care beds)
- The Villa at Florham Park (Florham Park) – 21 Assisted Living suites, 27 memory support suites and 80 Skilled Nursing rooms. Rehabilitation services and special memory support also provided.
Lutheran Senior LIFE
- Lutheran Senior LIFE (Jersey City) – A program of all-inclusive care for the elderly (PACE), providing and coordinating home and healthcare services for qualified seniors so that they can continue to live safely in their community.
Hospice and Home Care
- Journey Hospice (Egg Harbor Township) improves quality of life through hospice care services provided to those living with a serious illness in Atlantic, Cape May, and Cumberland counties.
- SpiriCare Home Services (Statewide) offers a broad array of services that enhance independence and well-being in a person’s home.
* Professionally managed by Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey.
All other facilities listed are owned and managed by Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey.